Tuesday 22 May 2012

UK shows and exhibition around the corner

I have waved a farewell yet again to Japan, a country I love, and hello yet again to England, another country I love - it`s a fair exchange - I`m bound to miss the sour plums, but a bit of tasty cheese should make up for that (I have missed cheese very much)

Tommorrow I will play my first homecoming show
23rd May - Chapel Gallery Series, London - unplugged night with The Magic Lantern https://www.facebook.com/events/316807425057612/


Next month I will play at London`s King`s Place on the 22nd June with two headlining sets making the most of the grand piano, songs old and new, solo and with other musicians joining in the shape of ICHI, Thomas Heather (Eyes and No Eyes) and Emma Gatrill (Sons of Noel and Adrian, and Laish), and my sister Betsy Dadd projecting her animations and doing a spot of live drawing. 
Tickets: http://www.kingsplace.co.uk/whats-on-book-tickets/music/rachael-dadd?tid=23
and here`s a podcast - me and Ben Eshemade of Arctic Circle chatting about music and Japan and things if you fancy a listen



From the 1st to the 14th June I will be participating in a group exhibition called DIY is All You Needat Utrophia, Deptford high street along with many like minded musical and artistic comrades such as Rozi Plain, ICHI, sister Betsy Dadd, Kate Stables of This is The Kit, Francois of Francois and the Atlas Mountains, Alessi`s Ark, and recent addition to the running of things, a bit of a DIY hero of mine from over the water - Jeffrey Lewis. FREE Opening live event will take place on the 1st June
more about it over at Broken Sound: http://www.brokensoundmusic.com/diy-is-all-you-need.htm

Here`s a few pieces by others that will be in the exhibition

 by Louise Kelly Phillips

 by Kate Stables

by Francois Marry